美国作家作品英语短文摘抄(范本九篇)。
在日复一日的学习、工作或生活中,许多人都写过美文吧?随着网络文化的发展,美文的概念已经不限定于某种文体,或某类内容。那么你真的知道要怎么写美文吗?以下是小编整理的英语短美文摘抄,欢迎大家分享。
美国作家作品英语短文摘抄 篇1
A frail old man lived with his son, his daughter-in-law, and his four-year-old grandson. His eyes were blurry, his hands trembled, and his step faltered.
一位虚弱的老人和他的儿子、儿媳还有四岁的孙子住在一起。他双眼模糊,两手颤抖,步履蹒跚。
The family would eat together nightly at the dinner table. But the elderly grandfathers shaky hands and failing sight made eating rather difficult. Peas rolled off his spoon, drooping to the floor. When he grasped his glass of milk, it often spilled clumsily at the tablecloth.
这家人每晚会在餐桌前共用晚餐。但是年迈的爷爷双手颤抖,视力退化,连吃饭都困难。豌豆从他的勺子里滚出来,掉在了地上。去拿牛奶的时候,他行动笨拙,也常常会把牛奶洒在桌布上。
With this happening almost every night, the son and daughter-in-law became irritated with the mess.
这样的事每晚都在发生。他的儿子儿媳开始对这些繁杂的事情感到恼怒不已。
"We must do something about grandfather," said the son.
“我们应该对爷爷的问题想想办法了。”儿子说。
"Ive had enough of his milk spilling, noisy eating and food on the floor," the daughter-in-law agreed.
“我受够了他了。他到处乱洒牛奶,吃东西很大声,还弄到地上。”儿媳也很同意。
So the couple set a small table at the corner.
所以这对夫妇在角落里又放了个小桌子。
There, grandfather ate alone while the rest of the family enjoyed their dinner at the dinner table. Since grandfather had broken a dish or two, his food was served in wooden bowls. Sometimes when the family glanced in grandfathers direction, he had a tear in his eye as he ate alone. Still, the only words the couple had for him were sharp admonitions when he dropped a fork or spilled food. The four-year-old watched it all in silence.
从此,在其他人在餐桌上享用晚餐的时候,爷爷就一个人在边上吃。又由于爷爷打碎了一两个碟子,他的食物就被放在了木头碗里端给他。有时,当这家人不经意瞥向爷爷的.时候,能看见他眼中的泪水。不变的是,爷爷掉了一支叉或者打翻食物的时候,这对夫妇只会严厉地警告他。四岁的孙子目睹着这一切,一言不发。
One evening, before supper, the father noticed his son playing with wood scraps on the floor. He asked the child sweetly: "What are you making?" Just as sweetly, the boy replied, "Oh, Im making a little bowl for you and mama to eat your food from when I grow up." The four-year-old smiled and went back to work.
有一天晚饭前,父亲注意到了他的儿子在玩木头屑。他亲切地问孩子:“你在做什么呢?”儿子同样亲切地答:“噢,我在做木碗呢。等我长大了,它们就是用来给爸爸妈妈吃饭的。”说完,四岁的儿子带着微笑,继续做他的木碗。
These words so struck the parents that they were speechless. Then tears streamed down their cheeks. Though no words were spoken, both knew what must be done. That evening, the husband took grandfathers hand and gently led him back to the family table.
儿子的语出惊人让这对父母顿时语塞,泪水从脸颊流下。虽然没有说一句话,他们都下定决心要做什么了。那天晚上,那位丈夫挽起爷爷的手,缓缓地带他回到从前那个餐桌前。
For the remainder of his days, grandfather ate every meal with the family. And for some reason, neither husband nor wife seemed to care any longer when a fork was dropped, milk was spilled or the table cloth was soiled.
接下来几天,每顿晚饭爷爷都和一家人一起吃。因为某些原因,这对夫妻再也不在乎掉下的叉子、洒出的牛奶或是弄脏的桌布了。
美国作家作品英语短文摘抄 篇2
1、Keep on going never give up.
勇往直前,决不放弃!
2、I can because i think i can.
我行,因为我相信我行!
3、Action speak louder than words.
行动胜于言语!
4、Never say die.
永不气馁!
5、The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.对明天做好的准备就是今天做到最好!
6、Knowledge can change your fate and English can accomplish your future.
知识改变命运,英语成就未来。
7、Knowledge is power.
知识就是力量。
8、Learn to walk before you run.
先学走,再学跑。
9、You cannot improve your past, but you can improve your future. Once time is wasted, life is wasted.
你不能改变你的过去,但你可以让你的未来变得更美好。一旦时间浪费了,生命就浪费了。
10、Let bygones be bygones.
过去的就让它过去吧。
美国作家作品英语短文摘抄 篇3
1、Life is a journey, not the destination, but the scenery along the should be and the mood at the view.人生就是一场旅行,不在乎目的地,在乎的应该是沿途的风景以及看风景的心情。
2、I'll stand on my own two feet.一人做事一人当。
3、Time goes by so fast, people go in and out of your life. You must never miss the opportunity to tell these people how much they mean to you.时间在流逝,生命中人来人往。不要错失机会,告诉他们在你生命中的意义。
4、That's always the case.习以为常了
5、Being criticized is awful被人批评真痛苦
6、Get over yourself.别自以为是
7、I'm really in a bind.我左右为难。
8、He always goofs off.他总是糊里糊涂。
9、One should love animals. They are so tasty.每个人都应该热爱动物,因为它们很好吃。
10、You've gone too far!你太过分了!I can't take it anymore.我受不了了!
11、He is a fast talker.他老是说得天花乱坠
12、In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.到头来,你活了多少岁不算什么,重要的是,你是如何度过这些岁月的。
13、If you wish to succeed, you should use persistence as your good friend, experience as your reference, prudence as your brother and hope as your sentry.如果你希望成功,当以恒心为良友以经验为参谋以谨慎为兄弟以希望为哨兵。
14、I'll try to smooth things over.我会妥善处理。
15、I think you've put your finger on it你说到点子上了。
16、I'm mad about Bruce Lee.我迷死李小龙了。
17、It's on the house.这是免费的。
18、They're selling like hot cakes这些都很畅销。
19、Everything would have all right if you hadn't said that假如你没那样说,一切都好办
20、You may be out of my sight, but never out of my mind.你也许已走出我的视线,但从未走出我的思念。
21、In fact, we have to admit the fact that the quality of life is as important as life itself.事实上,我们必须承认生命的质量和生命本身一样重要。
22、One needsthings to be truly happy living in the world: some thing to do, some one to love, some thing to hope for.要得到真正的快乐,我们只需拥有三样东西:有想做的事,有值得爱的人,有美丽的梦。
23、When the whole world is about to rain, let's make it clear in our heart together.当全世界约好一起下雨,让我们约好一起在心里放晴。
24、Cut it out.省省吧。
25、She had a bad cold.她患了重感冒
26、Love is not a maybe thing. You know when you love someone.爱不是什么可能大概也许,一旦爱上了,自己是十分清楚的。
27、His argument doesn't hold water.他的论点站不住脚
28、It's up to you.由你决定
29、Still water runs deep大智若愚
30、Try to have a mind of your own做有主见的人
31、No matter how bad your heart has been broken, the world doesn't stop for your grief. The sun comes right back up the next day.不管你有多痛苦,这个世界都不会为你停止转动。太阳依旧照样升起。
32、This is in way over my head.对我而言这实在太难了。
33、I lied when I said I didn't like you. I lied when I said I didn't care. I lie every time I try to tell myself I will never fall for you.我说不爱你,那是假话;我说不在乎,那是假话;我告诉自己对你再不会有感觉了,那也是假话。
34、Your happy passer-by all knows, my distressed there is no place hides.你的幸福路人皆知,我的狼狈无处遁形。
35、It's a hit.这件事很受人欢迎。
36、a short fuse(俚)脾气火爆
37、It's full of hot air.这是雷声大雨点小
38、In the last decades, advances in medical technology have made it possible for people to live longer than in the past.在过去的几十年,先进的医疗技术已经使得人们比过去活的时间更长成为可能。
39、It slipped my mind.我忘了
40、I'll think of you every step of the way.我会想你,在漫漫长路的每一步。
41、We should spare no effort to beautify our environment.我们应该不遗余力地美化我们的环境。
42、Don't nag me!别在我面前唠叨!I feel terrible!我觉得遭透了!I guess so!我想是吧!
43、I know Jerry puts her down我知道杰瑞看不起她
44、I'm glad I kept my fingers crossed.我很高兴一直都这么幸运。
45、The information I've collected over last few years leads me to believe that this knowledge may be leuseful than most people think.从这几年我搜集的信息来看,这些知识并没有人们想象的那么有用。
46、Watch out!(口)当心!
47、I have a sweet tooth.我喜欢吃甜食
48、He is now in the soup.他现在糟糕了。I'm on the WAGON(马车,车).我戒酒了。
49、you have given it your best shot,anyway!不管怎样,你已经尽力了
50、Get out of my face.从我面前消失!You piss me off.你气死我了。
51、You've jumped on the bandwagon.随大流
52、You'd better wise up.放聪明点
53、I'll see to it我会留意的
54、He always talks big.他总是吹牛
55、I am up to my ears in work.我忙的不可开交
56、The price makes my hair stand on end.那价钱把我吓了一跳。
57、I am an exam jitter我一考试就紧张
58、Let's find a happy medium.我们还是找一个折衷的办法
59、My treat.我请客。
60、I don't like splitting hairs.我不爱斤斤计较
61、Tom always gets cold feet.汤姆总是裹足不前。
62、Don't give me a song and dance!不要找借口
63、That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard!那是我听到的最愚蠢的事!(比尔·盖茨常用)
64、This is beyond comparison.无与伦比
65、He got under the boss's skin.他惹恼了老板
66、You're laying it on thick.你过奖了
67、I'll put everything in black and white!我会把所有事情白纸黑字写清楚。
68、Can you give me a lift?载我一程好吗?
69、Accept what was and what is, and you'll have more positive energy to pursue what will be.接受过去和现在的模样,才会有能量去追寻自己的未来。
70、You have my word.我保证
71、Tom is nobody's fool!汤姆是个很聪明的人。
72、I have a runny nose.我流鼻涕。
73、You've got a point there.你说得挺有道理的。
74、Suit me fine!太适合我了!
75、People equate succein life with the ability of operating computer.人们把会使用计算机与人生成功相提并论。
76、I'm fed up.我厌倦了
77、a knock out(俚)美得让人倾倒
78、Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be content with what you have.除非你能和真实的自己和平相处,否则你永远不会对已拥有的东西感到满足。
79、In love folly is always sweet.恋爱中,干傻事总是让人感到十分美妙。
80、If you would hit the mark, you must aim a little above it. Every arrow that flies feels the attraction of earth.-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.要想射中靶,必须瞄准比靶略为高些,因为脱弦之箭都受到地心引力的影响。
81、Let's go Dutch.各付各的
82、It really turns me on.这令我兴奋。
83、He is an operator.他是个老油条。Don't get on my nerves!不要搅得我心烦
84、People believe that computer skills will enhance their job opportunities or promotion opportunities.人们相信拥有计算机技术可以获得更多工作或提升的机会。
85、The hard part isn't making the decision. It's living with it.做出决定并不困难,困难的是接受决定。
86、Happiness is a way station between too much and too little.幸福是太多和太少之间的一站。
87、Whatever is worth doing is worth doing well.任何值得做的,就把它做好。
88、Wishful thinking一厢情愿的想法
89、You should give him a piece of your mind你该向他表达你的不满
90、Great minds think alike英雄所见略同
91、Don't go to pieces.不要着急
92、I'm sick of it.我都腻了。
93、Now, it is generally accepted that no college or university can educate its students by the time they graduation.现在,人们普遍认为没有一所大学能够在毕业时候教给学生所有的知识。
94、Before giving my opinion, I think it is important to look at the arguments on both sides.在给出我的观点之前,我想看看双方的观点是重要的。
95、That will be the day.有这么一天就好了。
96、Who but he would do such a thing?除了他谁会做这种事?
97、It is a hard nut to crack.这是一件棘手的事情
98、Give me a break!你饶了我吧!(开玩笑的话)Don't give me a hard time!别跟我过不去好不好!
99、Don't sell yourself short别看轻自己
100、It's better to be alone than to be with someone you're not happy to be with.宁愿一个人呆着,(经典语句.)也不要跟不合拍的人呆一块。
美国作家作品英语短文摘抄 篇4
Nearly everybody has a creek in his past, a confiding waterway that rose in the spring of youth.…….
My creek wound between Grandfathers apricot orchard and a neighbors hillside pasture. It banks were shaded by cottonwoods and redwood trees and a thick tangle of blackberries and wild grapevines. On hot summer days the quiet water flowed clear and cold over gravel bars where I fished for trout. Nothing historic ever happens in these recollected creeks. But their persistence in memory suggests that creeks are bigger than they seem, more a part of our hearts and minds than mighty rivers.
Creek time is measured in the lives of strange creatures, in sandflecked caddis worms under the rocks, sudden gossamer clouds of mayflies in the afternoon, or minnows of darting like silvers of inspiration into the dimness of creek fate. Mysteries float in creeks riffles, crawl over their pebbled bottoms and slink under the roots of trees.
While rivers are heavy with sophistication and sediment, creeks are clear, innocent, boisterous, full of dream and promise. A child can wade across them without a parents cautions. You can go it along, jig for crayfish, swing from ropes along the bank. Creeks belong to childhood, drawing you into the wider world, teaching you the curve of the earth. (214 words) 陈擎红《英语背诵散文》
美国作家作品英语短文摘抄 篇5
If we look at the sky on a perfectly fine summer‘s day we shall find that the blue colour is the most pure and intense overhead, and when looking high up in a direction opposite to the sun. Near the horizon it is always less bright, while in the region immediately around the sun it is more or less yellow.
The reason of this is that near the horizon we look through a very great thickness of the lower atmosphere, which is full of the larger dust particles reflecting white light, and this diluter the pure blue of the higher atmosphere seen beyond,And in the vicinity of the sun a good deal of the blue light is reflected back into space by the finer dust, thus giving a yellowish tinge to that which reaches us reflected chiefly from the coarse dust of the lower atmosphere.
At sunset and sunrise, however, this last effect is greatly intensified, owing to the great thickness of the strata of air through which the light reaches us. The enormous amount of this dust is well shown by the fact that then only we can look full at the sun, even when the whole sky is free from clouds and there is no apparent mist. But the sun’s rays then reach us after having passed, first, through an enormous thickness of the higher strata of the air, the minute dust of which reflects most of the higher strata of the air, the minute dust of which reflects most of the blue rays away from us, leaving the complementary yellow light to pass on,Then, the somewhat coarser dust reflects the green rays, leaving a more orange-coloured light to pass on; and finally some of the yellow is reflected, leaving almost pure red. But owing to the constant presence of air currents, arranging both the dust and vapour in strata of varying extent and density ,and of high or low clouds which both absorb and reflect the light in varying degrees, we see produced all those wondrous combinations of tints and those gorgeous ever-changing colours which are a constant source of admiration and delight to all who have the advantage of an uninterrupted view to the west and who are accustomed to watch for those not infrequent exhibitions of nature’s kaleidoscopic colour painting.
With every change in the altitude of the sun the display changes its character; and most of all when it has sunk below the horizon, and owing to the more favourable angles a larger quantity of the coloured light is reflected toward us, Especially when there is a certain amount of cloud is this the case. These, so long as the sun was above the horizon, intercepted much of the light and colour, but when the great luminary has passed away from our direct vision, his light shines more directly on the under sides of all the clouds and air strata of different densities; a new and more brilliant light flushes the western sky, and a display of gorgeous ever-changing tints occurs which are at once the delight of the beholder and the despair of the artist.
And all this unsurpassable glory we owe to--dust!
美国作家作品英语短文摘抄 篇6
They had known each other for 3 years. Both of them were of conservative type, shy and introverted. Although he had never mentioned the word of love in her presence. She was able to vaguely detectburning passion for her in his different look. She dropped one hint after another to encourage him, but he remained big fool never dare to disclose to his own thought. Time passed by so quickly,3 years later she was engaged to another young man. However, she could not drive his image away from her mind on the eve of the engagement.
他们相识已有三载,两人都性格内向,羞涩保守。虽然在她面前他对爱只字未提,然而她却能从他羞涩的眼神中读出那浓浓的爱意。她暗示他许多次,鼓励他说出心中的爱,然而他却傻傻地紧闭双唇,不敢将爱说出。时光飞逝,转眼三年过去了,她同另外一个男孩订了婚,在此之前却仍对他念念不忘。
“If he comes and proposes now, I’m still willing to go back to him.” She complained amidst the congratulations of her relatives and friends. Yet he did nothing of the sort at the difference of the look was a faint streak of melancholy. At least, it was the eve of marriage, nevertheless, for happiness of marriage mingled with a touch of sadness.
“如果他现在来向我求婚就好了,我仍愿意回到他身边。”在亲朋好友的祝福声中她这样抱怨着。可他仍然没有任何表示,只是迷离的眼神中多了些忧郁。新婚之日终究还是来了,这新婚的喜悦中夹杂着令人遗憾的淡淡忧愁。
“Even if he should come and propose now, I would give up all this in favor of this belatedhappiness.” She said to herself as she tried wedding gown, but again he was as silent as ever only his eyes betrayed great misery.
“要是他现在开口,我也宁愿放弃一切,选择这份迟来的幸 福”在试穿结婚礼服的时候她仍旧这样想着,但他还是没有任 何表示,只是眼神中的忧郁更为浓重了。
50 years passed and passage of the time turned their hair silvery white. She was the first to collapse. In her critical condition, he come from other place to see her. Holding his hand in tight grip. She asked him one question into which she had compressed the perplexities and expectations of the life time, “Tell me, what on earth have you been waiting for? ” “Waiting for you to...”he mumbled out his life long hesitations and expectations only when he made sure no one else was within hearing. “For me what? ” “For you to break the ice! ”
50年过去了,两人都已两鬓斑白。最终,她先倒了下去,临 终前,他从远方赶回看她。她握紧他的'手,把一生的疑虑和期待 化为一句话:“请你告诉我,你究竞在等什么? ”“我在等你…啊!”他颤抖地说道,这也是他犹豫了一生的期待等我什么?”“等你先开口啊! ”
美国作家作品英语短文摘抄 篇7
The Happy door
Happiness is like a pebble dropped into a pool to set in motion an ever-widening circle of ripples. As Stevenson has said, being happy is a duty.
There is no exact definition of the word happiness. Happy people are happy for all sorts of reasons. The key is not wealth or physical well-being, since we find beggars, invalids and so-called failures, who are extremely happy.
Being happy is a sort of unexpected dividend. But staying happy is an accomplishment, a triumph of soul and character. It is not selfish to strive for it. It is, indeed, a duty to ourselves and others.
Being unhappy is like an infectious disease. It causes people to shrink away from the sufferer. He soon finds himself alone, miserable and embittered. There is, however, a cure so simple as to seem, at first glance, ridiculous; if you don’t feel happy, pretend to be!
It works. Before long you will find that instead of repelling people, you attract them. You discover how deeply rewarding it is to be the center of wider and wider circles of good will.
Then the make-believe becomes a reality. You possess the secret of peace of mind, and can forget yourself in being of service to others.
Being happy, once it is realized as a duty and established as a habit, opens doors into unimaginable gardens thronged with grateful friends.
快乐之门
快乐就像一块为了激起阵阵涟漪而丢进池塘的小石头。正好史蒂文森所说,快乐是一种责任。
快乐这个词并没有确切的定义,快乐的人快乐的理由多种多样。快乐的关键并不是财富或身体健康,因为我们发现有些乞丐,残疾人和所谓的失败者也都非常快乐。
快乐是一种意外的收获,但保持快乐却是一种成就,一种灵性的胜利。努力追寻快乐并不自私,实际上,这是我们对自己和他人应尽的责任。
不快乐就像传染病,它使得人们都躲避不快乐的人。不快乐的.人很快就会发现自己处于孤独,悲惨,痛苦的境地。然而,有一种简单得看似荒谬的治病良方:如果你不快乐,就假装你很快乐!
这很有效。不久你就会发现,别人不再躲着你了,相反,你开始吸引别人了。你会发觉,做一块能激起好意涟漪的小石头有多么值得。
然后假装就变成了现实。你拥有了使心灵平静的秘密,会因帮助他人而忘我。
一旦你认识到快乐是一种责任并使快乐成为习惯,通向不可思议的乐园的大门就会向你敞开,那里满是感激你的朋友。
美国作家作品英语短文摘抄 篇8
Companionship of Books (Samuel Smiles-- The political reformer and moralist was born)
A man may usually be known by the books he reads as well as by the company(playmates) he keeps;(Birds of a feather flock together)for there is a companionship (friendship) of books as well as of men; and one should always live in the best company, whether it be of books or of men. --- the author has contrast of books and friends.
A good book may be among the best of friends.(a good book is like our best friend) It is the same today that it always was, and it will never change. It is the most patient and cheerful of companions. It does not turn its back upon us (abandon) in times of adversity or distress.(in times of misfortunes or poverty) It always receives us with the same kindness,amusing and instructing us in youth, and comforting and consoling us in age.(in old age)
一本好书就像是一个最好的朋友。它始终不渝,过去如此,现在仍然如此,将来也永远不变。它是最有耐心、最令人愉快的伴侣。在我们穷愁潦倒、临危遭难的时候,它也不会抛弃我们,对我们总是一往情深。在我们年轻时,好书陶冶我们的性情,增长我们的知识;到我们年老时,它又给我们以安慰和勉励。
Men often discover their affinity (close relationship) to each other by the love they have each for a book --- just as two persons sometimes discover a friend by the admiration which both have for a third. There is an old proverb, “Love me, and love my dog.” But there is more wisdom in this:” Love me, love my book.” The book is a truer and higher bond of union. (uniting force) Men can think, feel, and sympathize (share the feelings or ideas of another) with each other through their favorite author. They live in him together, and he (lives) in them. ---they can find their opinions from books, in reverse, the ideas of the author influence them too.
人们常常因为同爱一本书而结为知己,就像有时两个人因为敬慕同一个人而交为朋友一样。古谚说:“爱屋及乌”。但是,“爱我及书”这句话却有更深的哲理。书是更为坚实而高尚的情谊纽带。人们可以通过共同爱好的作家沟通思想感情,彼此息息相通。他们的思想共同在作者的著述里得到体现,而作者的思想反过来又化为他们的思想。
“Books,” said Hazlitt,“Wind into the heart; the poets verse slides in the current of our blood. We read them when young, we remember them when old. We feel that it has happened to ourselves. They are to be very cheap and good. We breathe but the air of books.”
哈兹利特曾经说过:“书潜移默化人们的内心,诗歌熏陶人们的气质品性。少小所习,老大不忘,恍如身历其事。书籍价廉物美,不啻我们呼吸的空气。”
A good book is often the best urn (a vase with foot and round body, especially as anciently for storing ashes of the dead. 有腳之圓形缸,古時以此缸盛人屍體之骨殖。) of a life enshrining (inclosing or preserving as in shrine. 保而藏之(如帝王駕崩,高僧圓寂之後,藏其遺骸於神龕中)。) the best that life could think out; for the world of a mans life is, for the most part, but the world of his thoughts. Thus the best books are treasuries (a place where valuable things are kept. ) of good words, the golden (precious, excellent) thoughts, which, remembered and cherished, become our constant companions and comforters (a thing that gives comfort)。 “They are never alone,” said Sir Philip Sidney, “that are accompanied by noble thoughts.”
好书常如最精美的宝器,珍藏着人的一生思想的精华。人生的境界,主要就在于他思想的境界。所以,最好的书是金玉良言的宝库,若将其中的崇高思想铭记于心,就成为我们忠实的伴侣和永恒的慰籍。菲利普·悉尼爵士说得好:“有高尚思想作伴的人永不孤独。”
The good and true thought may in times of temptation (lure) be as an angel of mercy purifying and guarding the soul. It also enshrines the germs of action, for good words almost always inspire to good works.
当我们面临诱惑的时候,优美纯真的思想会像仁慈的天使一样,纯洁并保卫我们的灵魂。优美纯真的思想也蕴育着行动的胚芽,因为金玉良言几乎总会启发善行。
Books possess an essence of immortality (the nature of endless life)。 They are by far the most lasting products of human effort. Temples and statues decay (rot), but books survive. Time is of no account (of no importance ) with great thoughts, which are as fresh today as when they first passed through their authors minds, ages ago. What was then said and thought still speaks to us as vividly as ever from the printed page. The only effect of time has been to sift out (make sth bad away) the bad products; for nothing in literature can long survive but what is really good.
书籍具有不朽的本质,是人类勤奋努力的最为持久的产物。寺庙会倒坍,神像会朽烂,而书却经久长存。对于伟大的思想来说,时间是无关重要的.。多少年代前初次闪现在作者脑海里的伟大思想今天依然清新如故。他们当时的言论和思想刊于书页,如今依然那么生动感人。时间唯一的作用是淘汰不好的作品,因为只有真正的佳作才能经世长存。
Books introduce us into the best society they bring us into the presence of the greatest minds that have ever lived. We hear what they said and did; we see them as if they were really alive; we sympathize with them, enjoy with them, grieve with them; their experience becomes ours, and we feel as if we were in a measure (in some degree ) actors with them in the scenes which they describe.
书籍引导我们与最优秀的人物为伍,使我们置身历代伟人巨匠之间,如闻其声,如观其行,如见其人。同他们情感交融,悲喜与共。他们的感受成为我们自己的感受,我们觉得有点象是在作者所描绘的人生舞台上跟他们一起粉墨登场了。
The great and good do not die even in this world. Embalmed (Spring embalms the woods and fields.春天使森林和田野吐露芬芳。) in books, their spirits walk abroad. The book is a living voice. It is an intellect to which one still listens. Hence we ever remain under the influence of the great men of old. The imperial intellects of the world are as much alive now as they were ages ago.
即使在人世间,伟大杰出的人物,也是永生不灭的,他们的精神载入书册,传之四海。书是人们至今仍在聆听的智慧之声,永远充满着活力。所以,我们永远都是在受着历代伟人的影响。多少世纪以前的盖世英才,如今仍同当年一样,显示着强大的生命力。
美国作家作品英语短文摘抄 篇9
It is exciting to visit different places Besides, you can meet and make friends with people of different colors and races Today people are so fond of travelling that tourism has become one of the faster growing industries in most countries For example, having worked hard throughout the weekdays, people will find a widened trip to the nearby mountains or beaches a real relaxation When people return from their travel, they will generally feel fresh and energetic, ready to work harder You may have read or heard about something but you can never get an accurate picture of it until you see it for yourself Furthermore, if you area careful observer, you can learn much during your travel about the geography, biology, and history of the places you visit The knowledge acquired from travel, as you will have found in your life, is no less valuable than that from any influential reference book.
参观不同的地方是令人兴奋的,此外,你可以遇到不同肤色和种族的人,结交朋友。今天,人们非常喜欢旅游,旅游业已成为大多数国家发展最快的.产业之一。例如,在整个工作日努力工作后,人们会发现到附近的山脉或海滩进行一次广泛的旅行,这是一种真正的放松。你可能读过或听说过一些东西,但除非你亲眼看到,否则你永远无法对它有一个准确的了解。此外,如果你是一个细心的观察者,你可以在旅行中学到很多关于你所访问地方的地理、生物和历史的知识。从旅行中获得的知识,正如你在生活中所发现的那样,其价值不亚于任何有影响力的参考书。
美国作家作品英语短文摘抄 篇10
Everybody needs somebody, somebody whom is called "Friend". "A friend in need is a friend indeed." If only that kind of friends can be called "Friends", then there are only few up-to-standards for me. About friendship, we have millions of quotes to support my "saying", "Friendship is nothing but giving." But for most of the time, were pleased with receiving things from others, instead of giving. Well, Im not saying friendship is based on stuff-giving, but it needs emotion exchange, like "I can give you nothing but friendship", it sets up a very good example of friendship. Maybe were too concerning about others shortcomings, that weve missed a lot of friends-to-be. There are too many aspects about a good friend after all. So just take it easy, and let time do the rest.
每个人都需要一个人,一个被称为“朋友”的人。“患难见真情。”如果只有这样的朋友才能被称为“朋友”,那么对我来说,符合标准的朋友就很少了。关于友谊,我们有数百万的引用来支持我的“说”,“友谊就是给予。”但大多数时候,我们乐于从别人那里得到东西,而不是给予。我并不是说友谊是建立在礼物的'基础上的,但它需要情感交流,比如“我能给你的只有友谊”,这是友谊的一个很好的例子。也许我们太在意别人的缺点,以至于错过了很多未来的朋友。毕竟,好朋友有很多方面。所以放轻松,剩下的就让时间来做吧。
美国作家作品英语短文摘抄 篇11
1、不受天磨非好汉,不遭人妒是庸才。
It's mediocre to be free from heaven and envy.
2、拾一片光阴,诉与你听。
Pick up a piece of time to tell you.
3、初听不知曲中意,再听已是曲终人。
I didn't know what I wanted to hear at the beginning, but I was the end of the song.
4、选择最淡的心事,诠释坎坷的人生。
Choose the lightest thing and interpret the rough life.
5、那些承诺,你动了嘴巴,我动了真心。
Those promises, you moved your mouth, I moved my heart.
6、纵使举案齐眉,到底意难平。
Even if the case is raised in unison, it is difficult to get even.
7、任何限制,都是从自己的内心开始的。
Any restriction starts from your heart.
8、不怕别人看不起,就怕自己不努力。
Don't be afraid of being looked down upon by others, just afraid of not working hard.
9、你的眼睛,是我永生不会再遇的海。
Your eyes are the sea I will never meet again.
10、谁苍白了我的等待,讽刺了我的执着。
Who pale my waiting, satirized my persistence.
11、把日子过成诗,简单而精致。
Make life a poem, simple and delicate.
12、向每个人学习,但不要模仿任何人。
Learn from everyone, but don't imitate anyone.
13、千山万水,一帘烟雨,迷离了眼眸。
Thousands of mountains and rivers, a curtain of rain, blurred eyes.
14、每个人,都有一个世界,安静而孤独。
Everyone has a world, quiet and lonely.
15、爱自己是终生浪漫的开始。
Love yourself is the beginning of a lifetime of romance.
16、小舟从此逝,江海寄余生。
The boat is gone, and the river and the sea send the rest of their lives.
17、心若一动,泪就千行。
If you move your heart, tears will flow.
18、我想遇见你,我在找你。
I want to meet you. I'm looking for you.
19、一生,一条路,一个人走,一个人悟。
Life, a way, a person to walk, a person to understand.
20、别对我说永远,我活不到那个点。
Don't tell me forever, I can't live that.
21、是我勇敢太久,决定为你一个人而活。
I've been brave for too long and decided to live for you alone.
22、为了等你,我错过了等我的人。
In order to wait for you, I missed the person who waited for me.
23、怕什么真理无穷,进一寸有一寸的欢喜。
Afraid of any truth infinite, into an inch has an inch of joy.
24、一个人可以被毁灭,但不能被打败。
One can be destroyed, but not defeated.
25、且将新火试新茶,诗酒趁年华。
And new fire test new tea, poetry and wine take advantage of the time.
26、封伤的回忆慢慢流走,吹散不去的疼痛。
Seal the memory of the wound slowly flow away, blow away the pain.
27、为有牺牲多壮志,敢教日月换新天。
To have sacrifice more ambition, dare to teach the sun and the moon for a new day.
28、爱是一种信仰,至死不悔。
Love is a kind of faith, never regret until death.
29、他们曾经暧昧,他们几时暧昧?
They used to be ambiguous. When were they?
30、十年饮冰,难凉热血。
It's hard to drink ice for ten years.
31、人生若只如初见,何事秋风悲画扇?
If life is just like the first time, what's the autumn wind sad painting fan?
32、埋骨何须桑梓地,人生无处不青山。
Where to bury your bones, there is no green mountain in your life.
33、不去追逐你所渴求,你将永远不会拥有。
Don't chase what you want, you will never have it.
34、那些都是很好很好的,可是我不喜欢。
Those are very good, but I don't like them.
35、人生没有失败,只有粉碎!
There is no failure in life, only smashing!
36、牵着我的手,闭着眼睛走你也不会迷路。
Take my hand and close your eyes. You won't get lost.
37、物是人非,繁华依旧。
Things are different, prosperity is still the same.
38、你想要怎样生活,完全由你自己决定。
How you want to live is up to you.
39、今夜我不关心人类,我只想你。
Tonight I don't care about people, I just want you.
40、青青子衿,悠悠我心。
Green Son Jin, long my heart.
41、你若流泪,先湿的是我的心。
If you shed tears, it's my heart that gets wet first.
42、我见青山多妩媚,料青山,见我应如是。
I see how charming the green mountains are. I think they are.